Foil - Aluminium Mesh Sheet
The Expanded Metal Company has also developed an explosion suppression safety foil, which is commonly used within fuel storage tanks. Extensive testing by the MOD has proven that storage tanks filled with both fuel and our foil are able to withstand bullet and shrapnel penetration as well as direct combustion without actually exploding. With a minimum liquid displacement of only 0.95% of volume filled, foil has negligible impact on capacity.
- Prevents volatile liquids and gases from exploding
- Increases crash resistance of tanks and containers
- Reduces sloshing movement of liquid cargo
- Excellent acoustic attenuation and filtration properties
- Can be installed in high temperature environments
- Extremely lightweight at just 100g/m2
- Cost effective at just 0.05mm thick
- Minimum liquid displacement of only 0.95%
- Can be compressed to an almost unlimited variety of shapes and sizes, and is available as an alminium mesh sheet
- No waste during manufacture and completely recyclable
Our expanded aluminum mesh foil is used extensively in filter panels and across the filtration industry. Download our brochure here.